idols

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The biggest regret I ever have is letting someone become more important to me than my family, my morals, and most importantly the Big Man himself.  I guess this also goes for any definable thing, not necessarily a person.  There was a song we sang at camp this summer that I had never heard before... when I heard a certain line, it literally took the breath from me.  It totally described exactly what I was craving in my spiritual life.

Draw me close to You.
Never let me go.
I'll lay it all down again.
To hear you say that I'm Your friend.

You are my desire.
No one else will do.
'Cause no one else could take Your place.
I feel the warmth of Your embrace.
Help me find the way.
Lead me back to You. 

You're all I want.
You're all I've ever needed.
You're all I want.
Help me know You are near.


This is the stanza that struck me:
"You are my desire.  No one else will do.  'Cause no one else could take your place.  I feel the warmth of your embrace."

Today I saw where I had written the lyrics on the back of my guitar, and I was inspired all over again.  I don't want to ever let someone become more important to me than God!



I got to visit with two of my best friends who live in North Carolina the past few days.  Those two guys have been true joys in my life, and I love them.  The three of us always have a great time.  :)

 Always,
Rachel



0 comments:

Post a Comment